Monday, August 23, 2010

New week, new plan

Here's my plan for the week:

Monday: 1 mile fast run
Tuesday: cross training (gym) + weights
Wednesday: 3 mile run
Thursday: 5 mile run
Saturday: yoga
Sunday: 1 mile + 2 sprint runs

Over the past couple weeks (the second half of my time in Austin + the time since I've been home), I've been eating more processed foods than I care to, including refined carbohydrates (yikes!)

Today was the first day of school & I decided that I should start back up with my strict(er) food rules. So, I spent a good chunk of Sunday prepping my foods for the week. I like to wash, peel & chop up carrots & celery & place in ziplocks for snacks throughout the week (along with small portion size containers of almond butter & hummus for dipping). I also cooked some homemade chocolate chip protein bars that I found a recipe for online - Delish!! I find it so helpful to prepare foods for the week ahead of time. It definitely helps me to stay "good.'

I'm excited to hit up the gym tomorrow - it's only available during the academic year so I haven't gone all summer & it's really a beautiful facility. I've been missing it! Plus, now that school is back in session, this is the time for me to really prove to myself that I can stick with my (new) healthy ways even amidst the insane schedules imposed on those in academia. So far, so good! : )

I also just downloaded a couple cut the fat podcasts to listen to while I work out tomorrow. They're kinda amateurs in terms of radio performance, but their content is awesome & they really have a lot of knowledge about health & fitness. If you haven't already, I totally recommend giving them a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment