Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Health & Wallet Plan

I'm setting a new "rule" for myself.

Originally, I wanted the rule to be that for the 30 days leading up to my wedding I would not eat out at all. Because foods eaten out somehow always pack 2 or 3 times the calories you are expecting (or even 4 or 5 times the calories!), it would be a good idea NOT to eat out leading up to the wedding. Plus, the rule would serve double-duty because it would also surely help out the pocket book!

But realistically, I don't think I can stick to it. We cook the majority of the time, but we do eat out about 1-2 times per week and I sooooooo look forward to those days. I need those days. So instead of cutting out dining out entirely, I have decided I will:
(1) Only go to restaurants who post their nutritional information online &
(2) Do not consume more than a "reasonable" number of calories (400 for food + 2oo for drink; drink only "allowed" if I've worked out that day).

I'd also like to decrease the number of days I eat out, but I haven't decided on a set number. Sometimes it helps to have concrete goals, but sometimes I worry that setting exact parameters can be hurtful, because if you "fail" there's always a mentality that you've just blown it & then the whole thing falls apart. I've talked before about how important it is to just jump back on the wagon instead of being discouraged and falling apart.

I've gotta run - more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment