Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wowza!

So this week "life" has hit with full force!
My days are full with school, and my evenings are consumed with (1) wedding invitation assembly and (2) more school. I've not even been sleeping more than 6 hours a night (very unusual for me) just so I have time to fit it all in.

That being said, I think I've done pretty well - considering.
However, I have NOT been meeting my goals and that has to change.

Last week I switched some workouts around, but I got everything done.

This week I was able to run 3 miles on Monday, 5 miles on Tuesday, then although I'd planned to go to the gym on Wednesday and early-morning yoga today - neither of those events has occurred.
I'm going to try to get a workout video in this evening (although I'm supposed to attend another school-event so we'll see).

This is hard. I knew it would be. I just have to remember that I'M WORTH IT! Health and fitness are now a priority in my life and I need to treat them as such. Although I haven't been posting it, I'm still doing weekly weigh-ins. I was staying constant for several weeks, but this past Monday I was actually + 1.5 lbs. Not much. Nothing to "freak out" about. But, it's a warning signal that I need to watch myself. Watch what I eat. Exercise. And get my rear in gear!

My wedding goal (which, BTW, is only 50 days from now) is to loose at least another 6-8 lbs. I know it's a weird number, but that's the goal. So - I've got to take myself from the "maintenance" stage back into the "loosing" stage. Which is hard! It requires changes - dietary and otherwise.

I will definitely keep you updated about my progress.

One of the key goals: you can start fresh ANYTIME!!!! Don't say to yourself - "oh, I'll get back into it next week." Don't even say - "oh, I'll get back into it tomorrow." No. Start NOW! It's never too late! Plus, all of these delayed start-ups only cause people to fumble more because it gives you chance for the 'last meal', a classic over-eating feast. No bueno people!

I'm recommitting myself NOW. I'm going to eat uber healthy starting NOW! No more over-indulgence. And my workouts? Well, I'm already loosing sleep at night. What's another 30 minutes to throw in so I can at least get a quick sweat session in!?! It's worth it.

You're worth it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment