Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekly weigh-in

Still the same weight - which is a good thing, since I'm now trying to just "maintain" & tone up some.

I exercised day 31 by going to a Zumba exercise class with a friend who has a gym membership. First time at Zumba & it was actually way more aerobic than I'd expected. They threw in some weights too (which I appreciate) & I had fun shaking' my thang : )

Day 32 I went to the lake & swam & knee boarded. No "official" exercise, but I think that counts because I was as sore as could be the next day!!!

Day 33 was my first official "rest" day since the start of my program. I spent it driving home from the lake, grocery shopping, doing dishes, and ramping up for the crazy-busy week to come. I'm going to try to keep working out about 4-5 times per week for a minimum of 150 minutes per week (some workouts may be long, others may be short - but that's my goal time for total weekly exercise).

Also, although my summer challenge is over, my bridal portraits are still rapidly approaching (a week from Friday), so I'm not abandoning my "diet" just yet. I got the guidelines from the "Cut the Fat" podcast that I've mentioned before - check it out:


Appropriate "diets" for Fat Loss:

Food breakdown:

GOOD

40% carb

30% protein

30% fat

BETTER

40% protein

30% carb

30% fat

BEST

50% protein

30% carb

20% fat


I'm kind of straddling between "good" and "better." I'm also taking into consideration not just "carbs" in general, but the quality of carbs - following the below guidelines.

“good” carbs: veggies, oatmeal

“OK” carbs: fruit, whole grains

“bad” carbs: all else!!


I'm allowing myself "good" and "ok" carbs - but my goal is still to eat none of the "bad" carbs.

Happy Monday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment