Saturday, July 31, 2010

Long run story

I wanted the title to be, "Long run FAIL success" but it won't let me use srtikethrough text in the title.

This morning I got all ready for a nice, long run (it's been awhile since I've done a good long distance run): I had a big protein-infused smoothie, got dressed, applied sunblock, stretched, put water bottles, protein balls & energy gel in my running belt, & grabbed my ipod touch.....but where were my headphones?

After 30 minutes of frantic searching (i cannot do long runs without music & I need headphones for that) I had almost given up. I'd already taken off my shoes & socks & plopped onto the couch to look up the next soonest yoga hour from my local studio (Yoga Oasis has awesome "yoga happy hours" where they do an hour yoga class for $4!) but I was still discontent. Then, I thought to look under the couch and *hoorah* There they were!!

I'm stuck in a slump though. I cannot break past 8 miles. I plan longer routes (I look them up on runnersworld.com) & have even changed up my training: adding way more intervals, weights, resistance-type training that is supposed to aid in long distance running. But I hit 8 miles & I just can't do anymore! I cut through some shortcut & come home. I don't know what to do! That's certainly going to be a problem since I've signed up for the Rock & Roll 1/2 marathon in January!

I've got to look up some training plans & start putting them to use!

So I guess the long run was a combo failure/success.

Chris & I went out to a yummy lunch at a new place I've seen & wanted to try - Healthy Greens. Chris got a panini & I got a big grilled BBQ chicken salad. They were delicious (Chris thought better than Beyond Bread or Panera Bread), but they were pricey! $22 for lunch when we both just drank water?! Chris ate all his, but mine was at least big enough that I can eat it for an entire lunch tomorrow (I always get dressing on the side for this reason).

I think tomorrow will have to be Yoga Oasis. Haven't been in over a month since I'd been doing the 30 days for $30 at Bikram.

No comments:

Post a Comment